Fisher F-70 F70 Metal Detector
- Mechanical: 3-piece breakdown aluminum pole system, batteries under elbow, Armrest adjustment – forward/backward.
- Search coil: 9 3/4 open-frame waterproof concentric elliptical search coil.
- Batteries: 4 AA, alkaline (included).
- Weight: 2 pounds 15 ounces (1.3kg), with alkaline batteries installed.
- Operating Principle: VLF induction balance
- Operating Frequency: nominal 13 kHz, quartz crystal timing reference
- Basic Sensitivity: 6 x 109 root Hertz (detectivity)
- Lag Coefficient: 78 milliseconds
- Overload: standard 10 elliptical concentricReactive approximately 10,000 micro-cgsResistive approximately 1,200 micro-cgsaccessory 11 bi-axialReactive approximately 30,000 micro-cgsResistive approximately 3,700 micro-cgs
- Resistive Overload: approximately 1,200 micro-cgs units (volume susceptibility)4,800 micro-cgs units with sensitivity < 30.
- Ground Balancing Range: From ferrite to salt, inclusive
- DiscriminationGround Suppression: combination of second and third order methodsID GroundSuppression: third order
- Battery Life: Typically 40 hours with high quality alkaline batteriesEstimated 80 hours with nickel oxyhydroxide batteriesEstimated 65 hours with lithium iron disulfide batteries
- Operating Temp Range: 4 to +122 degrees F (-20 to +50 degrees C)
- Operating Humidity Range: 0-90% non-condensing